Procedure for Complaints

ComplaintsComplaints Procedure

The practice operates an in-house complaints procedure (which is in line with NHS complaints procedures).

You may speak to reception staff who will give you an explanation document of the procedure for making a complaint or you may write in with or email your complaint.

We also welcome any other comments you wish to make.

Woodlands Family Medical Centre
106 Yarm Lane,
TS18 1YE

Email: or click HERE to use our online form.

There is also a suggestion box in the main reception area.

If you have any concerns please ask for the practice manager, Mrs S Leonard.

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS)

Problems with the NHS?

Free confidential help and support to make a complaint is available from the Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS).

Are you unhappy with:

  • Treatment you have received
  • The attitude of the staff
  • Information you have received
  • Appointment delays
  • Any other issue?

Have you got a complaint about your:

  • General Practioner (GP)
  • Dentist
  • Optician
  • Chemist/Pharmacist
  • Hospital
  • NHS staff
  • Ambulance service
  • Other local NHS provider

Do you want to take it further?

ICAS (Independent Complaints Advocacy Service) is a new service. It is free and available from the Carers Federation to help guide you through the NHS complaints process.

It is an independent service - it is not part of the NHS.

This service is completely confidential - no private or personal information will be passed on to any other agency without your permission.

What can ICAS do for you?

ICAS can offer you experienced advocates and caseworkers to help you make a complaint about a service provided by the NHS.

ICAS can:

  • Give you advice on how to make a complaint
  • Provide you with information about who to complain to and how to go about it
  • Support and help you in drafting letters
  • Represent you or attend meetings with you.

No action will ever be taken unless you agree to it.

  • ICAS offers:
  • Telephone advice
  • Face to face meetings with a caseworker
  • A referral service
  • An interpreter if required.

ICAS cannot:

  • Help with non NHS or private health care problems
  • Give legal or clinical advice
  • Discipline staff
  • Obtain compensation.

The level of support provided will depend on your needs.

Contact your regional ICAS on: 0808 1729553
Catalyst House
27 Yarm Road
TS18 3NJ

ICAS is delivered by the Carers Federation service and all information is handled within the Data Protection Act 1998.

More information about complaints and your rights can be found through Citizens Advice here - (health)

© Tree View Designs Ltd 2021