HOW TO ORDER A REPEAT PRESCRIPTION
If you require prescriptions for regular and continuing treatment, it is not always necessary to see the doctor each time. Repeat prescriptions are computerised and the tear-off slip at the side will indicate the date your review is due.
Give 2 full working days’ notice. Please DO NOT telephone.
SystmOnline is available to ALL our registered patients. Once registered, you can order your Repeat Prescriptions online via your home PC or mobile device.
To register for this service, please click here for more information
If you're already registerd, click here to order your repeat prescription.
- Use our secure online form
- At reception– Hand in the right hand side of your prescription, with it clearly marked the items required. Or ask Receptionist for a form, you will need to fill in the items you require.
- Use the tear-off slip to re-order by post
- drop into the post box on the right hand side of the surgery entrance.
- Pharmacy – Local Pharmacies operate a collection and delivery service for our patients. Patients are requested to inform the pharmacy when prescriptions are ready to be collected (not necessary if prescription sent electronically by ETP).
- Via Post – You can also post a prescription request to us, again ticking the items that are needed. If you enclose a stamped address envelope we will return the signed prescription to you. However, we cannot be held responsible for any delays with the postal service, so remember to allow yourself enough time when ordering to guarantee that you will not run out of medication.
If you run short of medication unexpectedly, your regular Pharmacist may be able to help you pending a repeat prescription being ordered in the normal way.
If you receive regular medication, this system may be for you. After ordering your prescription from the practice, a number of repeat prescriptions will be sent to the pharmacy of your choice, enabling you to order and collect direct from the pharmacy instead of the practice, when your new prescription is due. However, this system does not work for certain medication and acceptance will be at the discretion of your Doctor.
If you would like to apply for Repeat Dispensing, please collect an application form from reception next time you are in the practice.
If you are ordering medication which has not been commenced by the GP, please enter full details of who prescribed it, which hospital departments, the name and strength of the medication and how often you take it.
The practice will need to confirm this information with the hospital therefore there may be a delay in getting the prescription issued. For that reason the hospital will ensure you have up to 14 days supply when you are discharged.
Rowlands Pharmacy within Woodlands
If you wish to have your prescription dispensed and delivered by Rowlands you can arrange this by calling the pharmacy direct on 01642 607036. Alternatively, you can authorise any pharmacy of your choice to order and collect your prescriptions on your behalf.
Patients on repeat medication will be asked to see a doctor, nurse practitioner or practice nurse at least once a year to review these regular medications and notification should appear on your repeat slip.
Please ensure that you book an appropriate appointment to avoid unnecessary delays to further prescriptions. We welcome requests for Telephone appointments for Medication Reviews.
Prescription Charges and Exemptions
Extensive exemption and remission arrangements protect those likely to have difficulty in paying charges (NHS prescription and dental charges, optical and hospital travel costs).
The NHS prescription charge is a flat-rate amount which successive Governments have thought it reasonable to charge for those who can afford to pay for their medicines. Prescription prepayment certificates (PPCs) offer real savings for people who need extensive medication.
These charges apply in England only. In Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales prescriptions are free of charge.
- Prescription (per item): £8.40
- 12-month prepayment certificate (PPC): £104.00
- 3-month PPC: £29.10
If you will have to pay for four or more prescription items in three months, or more than 15 items in 12 months, you may find it cheaper to buy a PPC.
- Telephone advice and order line 0330 330 1341 General Public - Buy or Renew a PPC On-line