Patient Group Minutes of Meeting
The minutes of the Patient Group meetings are below - please click any of the individual links to open the document.
If you would like to join the Patient Participation Group, click here to use our Secure Online Form.
Download Minutes from 2016 here
Download Minutes from 2017 here
Download Minutes from 2018 here
Download Minutes from 2019 here
Download Minutes from 2020 here
View Current Minutes - 27th February 2020 below
Woodlands Family Medical Centre
Notes of a meeting of WPPG held on Thursday 27 February 2020
Doug (DL) – Chair
Ms Michelle Marshall (MM) - Deputy Practice Manager
Mrs Sharon Leonard (SL) – Practice Manager
Dr Garg (DG) - GP
Elizabeth (EB) Deputy Chair
DL would appreciate that all members respond to questions raised e.g. when they’re asked about ‘intended / provisional’ attendance.
Minutes of the last meeting:
The minutes were accepted as being a true record.
Matters arising from the minutes:
Updates of outstanding Action points:
- -- DL to write and pass on the groups thanks for all AH & AP’s efforts etc.
DL emailed both individuals on Jan 14th– CLOSED.
- -- DL to create a poster for pharmacy, see closed AP147, and also supply the information.
DL produced a poster and this has now been placed to the right of the pharmacy counter, as agreed with the pharmacist – CLOSED.
- – MM to check if the Woodlands information about extended hours to confirm if it states when they are from – to.
MM confirmed this has been completed – CLOSED.
- -- DG to discuss the survey results with the other partners / GPs at their next meeting -- ONGOING.
- -- MM to see if it’s possible for the practice to make suggestions to e-consult system.
MM confirmed this is just business as normal -- CLOSED
- AP157 -- DL & MR -- To share the contact details they have, for other practices / PPGs, with each other.
DL & MR shared this information -- CLOSED
- AP 158 -- MR to distribute the contact details, to each member, for the practice they’ll liaising with.
MR distributed this -- CLOSED
Diabetes Awareness week.
MR requested updates from each members regarding how they were progressing with ‘their’ allocated practice(s), this proved informative. MR thanked everybody for the information and then went onto ask if we should open it up to other areas e.g. dentists/ opticians as some people already have a ‘good’ relationship with these. It was agreed that if members felt they could speak to contact that could only benefit what we’re trying to achieve.
Practice Accommodation / Information:
SL informed the group about the following:-
- That the practice will be engaging another nurse practitioner shortly, starting Monday 2.3.20
- Possibly that another two registrars were due to start in August.
- Dr Hassan is still on the sick.
- We have another primary care pharmacist starting shortly, this will be in addition to our practice pharmacist, Stockton Primary Care Network pharmacist works for us two days a week
- Woodlands is a research practice and as such they are involved in a number of projects.
- The practice is now Veteran accredited.
- The practice has measures in place to deal with the Corona outbreak.
- The new security around the practice – WPPG felt this was acceptable / necessary.
- The practice had, last December, a telephone review by the CQC, the results on which were the practice was again rated GOOD.
Any Other business:
Meeting closed at 2:25pm
The next meeting will be held on Tuesday 7th April 2020 at 1.30pm
Outstanding / New Action Points
AP155 -- DG to discuss the survey results with the other partners / GPs at their next meeting.
These are abridged minutes, if you’re interested in know more about any of the above please contact the practice / check on the website for WPPG contact details.